As adopted and approved by the Hepburn Library of Madrid Board of Trustees on May 11, 2017. Reviewed December 2020.
In recognition of the Hepburn Library of Madrid’s responsibility to maintain continuing communication with present and potential users of the Library’s services and resources so as to assure effective and maximum usage by all citizens, the Board of Trustees of the Hepburn Library of Madrid adopts the following resolution as a matter of policy.
Public relations goals of the Hepburn Library of Madrid are:
To promote a good understanding of the Library’s objectives and services among governing officials, civic leaders, and the general public;
To promote active participation in the varied services offered by the library to people of all ages;
All press inquiries are to be directed to the Library Director and/or Board President and they are the only spokespersons for the Library. Local media shall be utilized to keep the public aware of and informed about the resources and services of the Hepburn Library of Madrid.
Newsletters, brochures, and other promotional materials shall be produced and distributed through regular mailings and other effective methods of reaching the public.
The Board recognizes that public relations involve every person who has a connection with the Library. The Board urges its own members and every staff member to realize that he or she represents the library in every public contact. Good service supports good public relations.
Materials to be used by press, radio, or television will be approved by the Director.
In an emergency situation, the Library Director is responsible for all official statements to the public and media; in the absence of the Director, statements will be made by his/her designee who has been placed in charge of the library. In the event that the library has to close due to an emergency situation, the individual in charge will notify other town departments and/or the media.
- Anti-Discrimination Policy
- Circulation and Interlibrary Loans Policy
- Citizen’s Request for Review of Library Materials
- Community Meeting Room Policy
- Cost of Services Policy
- Disaster Policy
- Display and Exhibits Policy
- Freedom to Read Statement
- Interlibrary NCLS/Due North Loans Policy
- Internet, WiFi, and Computer Use Policy
- Links from the Library’s Website
- Materials and Monetary Donations Policy
- Materials Selection/Acquisitions Development Policy
- Operation Policy
- Patron Behavior Policy
- Patron Confidentiality Policy
- Programming and Event Policy
- Public Employer Health Emergency Plan for Hepburn Library of Madrid
- Public Notice Bulletin Board Policy
- Public Relations Policy
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Social Media Policy
- Strategic and Long Range Plan for Hepburn Library of Madrid
- Tobacco Use Policy
- Volunteer Policy