As adopted and Approved by the Hepburn Library of Madrid Board of Trustees on June 8, 2017, and reviewed December 2020.
The Hepburn Library of Madrid welcomes gifts of new and used books, audio recordings, movies, and similar materials. Videos and audio cassettes, however, are not accepted. Items will be added to the collection in accordance with the selection policy of the library. Once donated, items become the property of the Hepburn Library of Madrid, and may be given to other libraries and non-profit agencies, sold, traded, or discarded if they are not added to the collection.
Donated items will not be returned to the donor and the library will not accept any item that is not an outright gift. The library will acknowledge receipt of donated items, but is unable to set fair market or appraisal values. It is recommended that the donor make a list of items donated. If items are being donated to obtain a tax benefit, it is the donor’s responsibility to establish fair market value or obtain expert assistance in establishing any value. The Library also reserves the right to decide when a gift added to the collection must be withdrawn.
Monetary gifts, bequests, and memorial or honorary contributions are particularly welcome. Funds donated will be used to purchase items in accordance with the selection policy of the library or used towards its Capital Expenses from the library renovation projects. Books, audiovisual materials, and other materials purchased with bequests and memorial or honorary contributions will be identified with special donor plates whenever possible. If requested, notification of memorial or honorary contributions will be sent to the family of the person being recognized. Suggestions for subject areas or other areas of interest are welcome and will be followed to the extent possible.
Acceptance of donations of equipment, real estate, stock, artifacts, works of art, collections, etc., will be determined by the Library Board based on their suitability to the purposes and needs of the Library, laws and regulations that govern the ownership of the gift, and the Library’s ability to cover insurance and maintenance costs associated with the donation.
- Anti-Discrimination Policy
- Anti-Harassment Policy
- Circulation and Interlibrary Loans Policy
- Citizen’s Request for Review of Library Materials
- Community Meeting Room Policy
- Conflict of Interest Policy – Officers, Board Members and Employees
- Cost of Services Policy
- Disaster Policy
- Display and Exhibits Policy
- Employee Handbook
- Freedom to Read Statement
- Interlibrary NCLS/Due North Loans Policy
- Internet, WiFi, and Computer Use Policy
- Library Photography and Video Policy
- Links from the Library’s Website
- Materials and Monetary Donations Policy
- Materials Selection/Acquisitions Development Policy
- Operation Policy
- Patron Behavior Policy
- Patron Confidentiality Policy
- Preservation and Conservation of Library Materials Policy
- Programming and Event Policy
- Public Employer Health Emergency Plan for Hepburn Library of Madrid
- Public Notice Bulletin Board Policy
- Public Relations Policy
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Social Media Policy
- Strategic and Long Range Plan for Hepburn Library of Madrid
- Tobacco Use Policy
- Trustee Education Policy
- Volunteer Policy
- Whistleblower and Ethical Behavior Policy