As adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Hepburn Library of Madrid, June 14, 2018, and reviewed December 2020.
The Interlibrary loan service supports the mission of the library by providing expanded access to library materials and information. The purpose of the interlibrary loan is to obtain materials not available in the library. The library affirms that interlibrary loan is an adjunct to, not a substitute for, the library’s collection. In meeting patron needs, the library will exhaust local resources first, before requesting items on interlibrary loan.
1. An Interlibrary Loan request is defined as a request for library materials made on behalf of a library patron through NCLS, or Due North OCLS systems.
1. Patrons must have a library card in good standing to use the Interlibrary Loan service. A patron with a “Blocked” status will be denied ILL service.
2. A Due North Interlibrary Loan request will not be processed for patrons with overdue Interlibrary Loan materials.
1. Ten active Due North requests are permitted at any one time per patron. A request is active from the time it is initiated until the item has been returned and checked in at the lending library and the loan is recorded as completed.
2. Materials will be available for pickup for 1 week after they are processed. If an item was not picked up, it will not be requested again.
3. Due North Interlibrary Loan materials are loaned to Hepburn Library of Madrid for 28 days, unless specified otherwise by the lending library. Patrons may request to borrow these materials for 28 days rather than the loan periods outlined in the Library’s circulation policy.
4. Due North Interlibrary Loans may be renewed twice, only if the lending library permits renewals.
1. The library does not charge fees for the Interlibrary Loan Service.
2. The library is responsible for the shipping charges incurred in the transfer of loans.
3. The library always attempts to borrow from libraries who lend free of charge. However, if an item is only available from a library which charges a fee for loans, the item will be requested only if the patron agrees to pay the fee.
4. The patron is responsible for overdue fees, repair or replacement costs. The library will make an effort to collect any such charges from the patron who received the materials.
- Anti-Discrimination Policy
- Anti-Harassment Policy
- Circulation and Interlibrary Loans Policy
- Citizen’s Request for Review of Library Materials
- Community Meeting Room Policy
- Conflict of Interest Policy – Officers, Board Members and Employees
- Cost of Services Policy
- Disaster Policy
- Display and Exhibits Policy
- Employee Handbook
- Freedom to Read Statement
- Interlibrary NCLS/Due North Loans Policy
- Internet, WiFi, and Computer Use Policy
- Links from the Library’s Website
- Materials and Monetary Donations Policy
- Materials Selection/Acquisitions Development Policy
- Operation Policy
- Patron Behavior Policy
- Patron Confidentiality Policy
- Programming and Event Policy
- Public Employer Health Emergency Plan for Hepburn Library of Madrid
- Public Notice Bulletin Board Policy
- Public Relations Policy
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Social Media Policy
- Strategic and Long Range Plan for Hepburn Library of Madrid
- Tobacco Use Policy
- Volunteer Policy
- Whistleblower and Ethical Behavior Policy