As adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Hepburn Library of Madrid, July 13, 2017. Reviewed and revised December 2020.
The following are rules and regulations for use of the Community Room of the Hepburn Library of Madrid. Any and all questions should be addressed to the Director and/or Board of Trustees.
The Community Room is available to individuals or organized groups within the Library service region. The Library Board may make exceptions if the Board grants extenuating circumstances. Community Room use will be available to groups that support the mission of the library as determined by the Board of Trustees. This, however, does not constitute the library’s endorsement of any group’s policies or beliefs. Meeting Room rules will be posted in the room and also be a part of the application form.
The Library Board and staff do not assume any liability for groups or individuals attending a meeting in the Library.
It is understood that library programming and Friends of the Library sponsored programs will have first priority in room use.
There is no set charge for use of the Community Room. However, donations are always encouraged and very much appreciated. We recommend private events provide a donation of $25. Events charging a fee and are held regularly will require a $25.00 monthly donation.
The main library room will not be available during off-posted (closed) hours. Approval will be on a case-by-case basis only, requested in writing; agreed upon and approved in writing by the Board of Trustees. A notice of no fewer than two weeks will be required. Should the Board of Trustees approve of the use, the organized group will be responsible for paying for a staff member to be present for the entirety of the meeting. No group shall be permitted to use the main library room without the presence of a paid staff member.
Community Room responsibilities and conduct:
● Non-alcoholic beverages may be served and shall be provided by the group.
● No smoking or vaping is permitted.
● No open flames are allowed on the premises (to include, but not limited to candles). Exceptions will be made in the case of small candles for birthday cakes and sterno cans to maintain food temperature.
● Kitchen usage: All dishes must be washed and put away, sink basins rinsed, and all food debris discarded.
● All those using the Community Room shall leave it in a neat, clean, and orderly condition, which means leaving the room as it was found. If the furniture is rearranged, it should be returned to the original arrangement at the end of the meeting. The Library does not employ a custodian to clean the Community room after each event, and therefore groups using the room must clean up after themselves (please see Room Checkout Sheet).
● No library signs are to be moved or covered during use.
● There is to be no decorating done near the Library lift, and no tables or other items set up near the lift door. A clear pathway must be maintained to the Library lift. Library patrons that require use of the lift may and will enter the room to do so during operating hours. At the end of the operating day, Library staff will remove the Lift key.
● Decorations hung must not be hung on the pipes in the ceiling. Any decorations affixed to the ceiling, walls, floors, or furniture must be removed, including any sticky residue left from tapes and adhesives. Any damage caused by tapes and adhesives shall be charged to the person making the room reservation.
● The Library is not responsible for any equipment, supplies, materials, clothing or other items brought to the Community Room by any group or individual attending a meeting. Equipment, supplies, or personal effects cannot be stored or left in Library rooms before or after the reserved time unless prior arrangements are made with library staff and included on the Meeting Room Use Agreement form.
● The Community Room is only for use during the times stipulated on the Agreement. Equipment belonging to the Library will not be removed for use off-premises.
● A reasonable noise level must be maintained, so as not to disturb library patrons. The Library Director will determine reasonable noise levels; users must adhere to requests for noise reduction.
● Vehicles cannot be parked so as to block the Community Room doors. Required snow removal will be undertaken at the discretion of the Town’s Highway Department. Please refrain from parking on the grass.
Those who use the Community Room are responsible for obtaining the key during library hours, securing the facility after use including locking windows and doors, turning off lights and returning the key to the Library within 24 hours after use. To return the key, fill out the Checkout sheet and place it and the key into the provided envelope. The envelope can then be put in the blue book drop at the front of the library.
Failure to abide by any of the regulations for use of the Community Room may result in the suspension of use of the facilities.
- Anti-Discrimination Policy
- Circulation and Interlibrary Loans Policy
- Citizen’s Request for Review of Library Materials
- Community Meeting Room Policy
- Cost of Services Policy
- Disaster Policy
- Display and Exhibits Policy
- Freedom to Read Statement
- Interlibrary NCLS/Due North Loans Policy
- Internet, WiFi, and Computer Use Policy
- Links from the Library’s Website
- Materials and Monetary Donations Policy
- Materials Selection/Acquisitions Development Policy
- Operation Policy
- Patron Behavior Policy
- Patron Confidentiality Policy
- Programming and Event Policy
- Public Employer Health Emergency Plan for Hepburn Library of Madrid
- Public Notice Bulletin Board Policy
- Public Relations Policy
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Social Media Policy
- Strategic and Long Range Plan for Hepburn Library of Madrid
- Tobacco Use Policy
- Volunteer Policy