As adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Hepburn Library of Madrid. March 8, 2018, and reviewed and updated December 2020.
The following are rules and regulations of the Hepburn Library of Madrid.
This Library prohibits unreasonable discrimination in the provision of services and in any aspect of employment in hiring, training, promotion, and termination – including harassment. Discrimination is differential treatment of an individual based upon their membership in a particular group (real or perceived), rather than on their personal merit. One form that discrimination may take is harassment.
Discrimination also includes the failure to reasonably accommodate the special needs of an individual or group unless the accommodation would create an undue hardship for the library. Unreasonable discrimination is prohibited on the basis of the following characteristics:
- Ancestry and perceived race;
- Nationality or national origin;
- Ethnic background or origin;
- Religion or creed, or religious belief, religious association or religious activity;
- Sex, including pregnancy, the possibility of pregnancy, or circumstances related to pregnancy;
- Gender-determined characteristics;
- Sexual orientation, or gender identification;
- Marital or family status;
- Political belief, political association or political activity;
- Physical disability or related characteristics or circumstances, including reliance on a dog guide or other animal assistant, a wheelchair, or other remedial appliance or device.
The Library will work to ensure that all people are employed and/or receive services without discrimination, including harassment. If you believe you have been discriminated against, bring it to the attention of the Director or the Board President. Your complaint will be kept as confidential as is possible, and will be dealt with promptly.
- Anti-Discrimination Policy
- Circulation and Interlibrary Loans Policy
- Citizen’s Request for Review of Library Materials
- Community Meeting Room Policy
- Cost of Services Policy
- Disaster Policy
- Display and Exhibits Policy
- Freedom to Read Statement
- Interlibrary NCLS/Due North Loans Policy
- Internet, WiFi, and Computer Use Policy
- Links from the Library’s Website
- Materials and Monetary Donations Policy
- Materials Selection/Acquisitions Development Policy
- Operation Policy
- Patron Behavior Policy
- Patron Confidentiality Policy
- Programming and Event Policy
- Public Employer Health Emergency Plan for Hepburn Library of Madrid
- Public Notice Bulletin Board Policy
- Public Relations Policy
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Social Media Policy
- Strategic and Long Range Plan for Hepburn Library of Madrid
- Tobacco Use Policy
- Volunteer Policy