Hepburn Library of Madrid Board Meeting Minutes May 13, 2021
Jennifer McAvoy, Susan McAvoy, Emily Huntley, Bryan Huntley, Jennifer Coakley, Deborah Chase-Lauther
No special guest.
Call to Order:
Meeting was called to order at 6:01 PM
Approval of Previous Minutes:
Motion made by Susan McAvoy; seconded by Bryan Huntley. Approved.
Workshops and Communications:
Various, ongoing continuing education classes.
The library has decided to keep with the 4 day quarantine on books until June 1, 2021.
NYS Construction Aid 2021/2022 – The Community Room was brought up as the main focus, with the following possible updates:
- Kitchen remodel (stations for separate food prep or possible cooking classes)
- Updating the flooring material and overall leveling
- Ceiling updates
Motion to approve the bills as submitted was made by Jennifer Coakley, seconded by Bryan Huntley.. Approved.
Friends of the Library Report:
No meeting scheduled.
Open to small groups beginning June 1, 2021
- Buildings and Grounds:
- Wright’s Choice has received the first installment for the boiler work.
- The lift has been working. However, it still loses power from time to time. The service provider has given the library permission to directly contact the manufacturer of the lift for future problems.
- Julie Gomez provided a more permanent solution for stabilizing the back bookshelf by shaving down a few of the shelves.
- The new website for the library, through NCLS, will contain a 1 year archive of the library board meeting minutes.
- The current template will be decluttered to match the online look of the library’s website.
Motion to adjourn made by Emily Huntley, seconded by Bryan Huntley.
Meeting was adjourned at 6:58 PM
Next board meeting will be on June 10, 2021