Hepburn Library of Madrid Board Meeting Minutes – June 8, 2023
Jennifer McAvoy, Emily Huntley, Allison Barkley, Susan McAvoy, Deborah Chase-Lauther, Jennifer Coakley
Call to Order:
Meeting was called to order at 6:04 PM
Open Comment/ Question:
Approval of Previous Minutes:
Motion made by Emily Huntley; seconded by Susan McAvoy. Approved.
Workshops and Communications:
The lift continues to work properly.
Director’s Report :(Deborah Chase-Lauther)
Robla’s has quoted $594 for deep cleaning the carpets upstairs. No shelving or permanent structures would be moved. (Board discussed a date at the end of summer or early fall for the cleaning.)
NCLS has invited members to piggyback on the Coordinated Broadband Project for the purchase patron computers (at 50% off). Board discussed whether or not we need to replace all 5 patron desktops or move forward with replacing only 3.
Financial Report (Emily Huntley):
Motion to accept the bills as read made by Allison Barkley, seconded by Jenn Coakley. Approved.
- Grant 1- CCTV/Fire alarm/Generator Update –No updates from DLD Request to Amend form. (Watson Electric submitted $4,500 quote to reconfigure electrical breaker panel to allow for installation of more outlets, including outdoor GFI outlet.
- Grant 2 – Northern Tier has been notified of acceptance of their bid. No start date, but baseboards will be done first.
Buildings and Grounds
- The board has decided to wait on the quote from Coots Masonry and see how the outside flashing holds up. We will reevaluate in the fall.
- June 6, 6:30pm – Traveller’s Guide to Life presented by Hospice of St. Lawrence Valley
- June 19 – Juneteenth – Library closed
- June 21, 5-7p *NEW* – Cricket Crafters – all welcome!
- June 22, 7pm – Book Club – Mrs. Lincoln’s Dressmaker by Jennifer Chiaverini
- July 3 – SUMMER READING PROGRAM BEGINS! (July 3 – August 18) “Hands Across Madrid”
- Trunk or Treat themes
Motion to adjourn made by Allison Barkley; seconded by Susan McAvoy. Adjourned at 6:28 PM
Next Meeting : July 6, 6PM