Hepburn Library of Madrid Board Meeting Minutes – October 12, 2023
In Attendance: Jennifer McAvoy, Allison Barkley, Susan McAvoy, Deborah Chase-Lauther, Jennifer Coakley
Absent: Emily Huntley
Call to Order: Meeting was called to order at 6:08 PM
Open Comment/ Question:
Approval of Previous Minutes: Motion made by Jennifer Coakley to amend the September meeting minutes to add the newly installed printer model information. Seconded by Allison Barkley. Approved.
Workshops and Communications:
- The lift continues to work properly.
- NCLS News – The grant has been submitted for new computers. Billing will be in 2024.
Director’s Report :(Deborah Chase-Lauther)
As mentioned in previous minutes, two patron computers will be eliminated from use. A couple of local entities have been solicited to see if they could use the computers: Waddington Catholic Church said no thank you and no response yet from United Church of Madrid.
Financial Report (Emily Huntley): Due to Emily’s absence, Allison read through the bills. Motion to accept the bills as read made by Susan McAvoy, seconded by Jenn Coakley. Approved.
- Grant 1- CCTV/Fire alarm/Generator – Grant closed.
- Grant 2 – Kitchen & Community Room Flooring – Waiting for Robla’s to repair the peeling steps inside the community room.
- Grant for 2024-2027 – Research has begun regarding companies that can provide sealant services for outdoor stairs.
- October 9 – Columbus Day/Indigenous People’s Day – Library Closed!
- October 13, 12pm – Annular Eclipse – Info & Glasses Available!
- October 19, 7pm – Book Club – “How to Sell a Haunted House” by Grady Hendrix – All Welcome!
- October 21, 5-7pm – Halloween Dance in Community Room – Music by Josh ‘Wolfman’ Barkley – All Welcome!
- Every Monday, 6pm – Bill Snakespeare’s Library Training
- Every Wed, 3pm – French Club – All Welcome!
Board discussed upcoming December events to celebrate Christmas, Kwanzaa, and Hanukkah. Tentative date is set for the 2nd Sunday of December.
Adjournment: Motion to adjourn made by Allison Barkley; seconded by Jenn Coakley. Adjourned at 6:33 PM
Next Meeting : November 9, 6PM