The final version will be posted along with a pdf of the final version after the following meeting.
Hepburn Library of Madrid Board Meeting Minutes – November 9, 2023 DRAFT
In Attendance: Jennifer McAvoy, Susan McAvoy, Deborah Chase-Lauther, Jennifer Coakley, Emily Huntley
Absent: Allison Barkley
Special Guest: Tom LaPage, Community Bank Investment Representative
Call to Order: Meeting was called to order at 5:58 PM
Open Comment/ Question:
Approval of Previous Minutes: Motion made by Emily Huntley to approve last month’s meeting minutes. Seconded by Susan McAvoy. Approved.
Workshops and Communications:
- Story Time and Craft with Mrs. Paige will move to Wednesdays at 4pm beginning in December!
Director’s Report :(Deborah Chase-Lauther)
Until the kitchen is installed, the Community Room will no longer be available for private parties. HLM events will continue as the staff can monitor children.
The board discussed changing the lock to the Community Room once the new kitchen is installed as there are multiple keys missing. As such, the board also discussed a higher deposit for private party use of the Community Room in order to secure the timely return of keys.
A 3 year review of Policies and Procedures has begun. No major changes are expected, but the board will review in January 2024.
HLM will be hosting the 2024 Battle of the Books in March.
Financial Report (Emily Huntley): Motion to accept the bills as read made by Susan McAvoy, seconded by Jenn Coakley. Approved.
Tom LaPage, the library’s Community Bank Investment Respresentative, spoke with the board to communicate the library’s current status and review the account portfolio. The board agreed that a new account agreement is needed.
- Grant 1- CCTV/Fire alarm/Generator – Grant closed.
- Grant 2 – Kitchen & Community Room Flooring
- Robla’s has stripped the stairs and we are awaiting the sealant process.
- Some equipment has arrived at NTC; they are putting together a team. Ansul tech has recommended adding outlets and switches to the system and NTC has agreed to make this work within the budget.
- November 3, 11am – Story Time with Children & Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN)
- November 10 & 11 – Library Closed
- November 23 & 24 – Library Closed.
- November 30, 7pm – Book Club – “From Here to Eternity” by Caitlyn Doughty – All Welcome!
- Every Monday, 6pm – Bill Snakespeare’s Library Training
- Every Wed, 3pm – French Club – All Welcome!
The lift continues to work!
Adjournment: Motion to adjourn made by Emily Huntley; seconded by Susan McAvoy. Adjourned at 7:27 PM
Next Meeting: December 14, 6PM