Hepburn Library of Madrid Board Meeting Minutes – Jan 12, 2023
In Attendance: Jennifer McAvoy, Allison Barkley, Susan McAvoy, Deborah Chase-Lauther, Jennifer Coakley, Emily Huntley
Call to Order: Meeting was called to order at 6:05 PM
Open Comment/ Question:
Approval of Previous Minutes: Motion made by Emily Huntley; seconded by Allison Barkley. Approved.
Workshops and Communications:
- Trustees have received information from NCLS on what constitutes educational training.
Director’s Report :(Deborah Chase-Lauther)
The lift is working at the time of the board meeting.
One new computer will be installed on Jan 13th.
Financial Report (Emily Huntley): Motion to approve the bills as read made by Allison Barkley; seconded by Susan McAvoy. Approved.
- Grant 1 -CCTV/Fire alarm/Generator Update – Watson Electric has installed the generator.
- Grant 2 – Kitchen and Community Room Flooring – Robla’s has begun work on the community room flooring. The kitchen has been dismantled and Northern Tier Contracting is getting in touch with their appliance contacts. Projected date of completion is early February.
- NYSLDLD Project List 2023-2027 –
I. Resurfacing/sealing outdoor steps – $10,000
II. Solar roof panels, including e-charges for 2 cars – $25,000
III. Fixing the attic flooring and insulation – $45,000
- Buildings and Grounds
- No update.
- Community Events
- Jan 9 – Feb 24 – Winter Reading Challenge!
- Book Club – Meeting Jan 26th at 7pm, The Sweetness of Forgetting by Kristen Harmel.
- Across the Fence, Jan 30 at 6pm. Decluttering in the Doldrums of Winter, Part 1, with Deborah Lauther.
1. Snow removal is going well this season.
- Election of Officers – Motion made by Emily Huntley to keep the officers of the board as is. Seconded by Allison Barkley. Approved.
Adjournment: Motion to adjourn made by Jenn Coakley; seconded by Emily Huntley. Adjourned at 6:35 PM
Next Meeting : February 9, 6PM