The final version will be posted along with a pdf of the final version after the following meeting.
Hepburn Library of Madrid Board Meeting Minutes – Feb 9, 2023
In Attendance: Jennifer McAvoy, Allison Barkley, Susan McAvoy, Deborah Chase-Lauther, Jennifer Coakley, Emily Huntley
Call to Order: Meeting was called to order at 6:36 PM
Open Comment/ Question:
Approval of Previous Minutes: Motion made by Emily Huntley; seconded by Allison Barkley. Approved.
Workshops and Communications:
- New policy for Board Trustee Training per NCLS.
Director’s Report :(Deborah Chase-Lauther)
The lift is currently working.
A new computer will be ordered (as stated in previous minutes) to replace outdated computers by the end of 2024.
Julie Gomez has been participating in offsite training for the Polaris system. Migration to Outlook 360 means anything in Google Drive will not be saved. An archive account is being created to archive all information.
Financial Report (Emily Huntley): Motion to approve the bills as read made by Allison Barkley; seconded by Susan McAvoy. Approved.
- Grant 1 -CCTV/Fire alarm/Generator Update – Generator installed. Final bill received $14,944.00.
- Grant 2 – Kitchen and Community Room Flooring – The kitchen has been demolished. Robla’s has completed the floor and it is in the curing process.
- Buildings and Grounds
- No update.
- Feb 1-28th – “Blind Date with a Book” is back!
- Feb 1-14th – Color a Valentine – Draw for a “sweet” prize.
- Book Club – Meeting Feb 23rd at 7pm, The Sweetness of Forgetting by Kristen Harmel.
- Across the Fence, Feb 22nd at 6pm. Decluttering Part 2, with Deborah Lauther.
- Bibliostat Annual Report due Feb 22nd.
- Summer Reading Program Theme – “All Together Now”
Adjournment: Motion to adjourn made by Emily Huntley; seconded by Allison Barkley. Adjourned at 7:02 PM
Next Meeting : March 16, 6PM
Agenda for February 2023 Meeting
Directors Report for February 2023 Meeting