Hepburn Library of Madrid Board Meeting Minutes – April 4, 2023
In Attendance: Jennifer McAvoy, Allison Barkley, Susan McAvoy, Deborah Chase-Lauther, Jennifer Coakley
Absent: Emily Huntley
Call to Order: Meeting was called to order at 6:02 PM
Open Comment/ Question:
Approval of Previous Minutes: Motion made by Allison Barkley; seconded by Susan McAvoy. Approved.
Workshops and Communications:
- Polaris training is ongoing for staff. The new system will be online beginning April 26th. Julie Gomez has been helping train the staff and will be instrumental in training the community.
Director’s Report :(Deborah Chase-Lauther)
The lift continues to be in working order.
Watson Electric has repaired the faulty breaker switch and the outlet that were non-functional during the last board meeting.
Financial Report (Emily Huntley): Slight delay due to Emily’s absence. Bills will be signed at a later date.
- Grant 1- CCTV/Fire alarm/Generator Update – Waiting to hear about DLD amendment request to add outlets in the Community Room. Also, NCC has provided a quote for general alarm. Installation of the control panel required for a panic button is a large part of the quote, so NCC thought the library might want the security alarm. The charge for both is $30 and then an additional $30 for the monthly surveillance of the fire system.
- Grant 2 – Kitchen and Community Room Flooring – Home Depot has provided a quote, but only for the cabinetry; no installation or appliances. Merriman’s – no response after an on-site visit.
- Buildings and Grounds
- Coots will visit the library by April 6th to assess the bubbling paint and assess repair.
- Bookshelves in the community room will be rearranged to allow for a more open feel.
- April 19 – Cricut Basics for All – All Welcome!
- April 20 at 7pm – Book Club – A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- April 26 at 6pm – Across the Fence – Meet your new NCLS catalog
- Board photo has been postponed until the May meeting.
Adjournment: Motion to adjourn made by Jenn Coakley; seconded by Allison Barkley. Adjourned at 6:32 PM
Next Meeting : May 11, 6PM
Agenda for April 2023 Meeting