Hepburn Library of Madrid Board Meeting Minutes – Nov 10, 2022
Jennifer McAvoy, Susan McAvoy, Deborah Chase-Lauther, Jennifer Coakley, Allison Barkley
Call to Order:
Meeting was called to order at 6:10 PM
Open Comment/ Question:
Approval of Previous Minutes:
Motion made by Susan McAvoy; seconded by Allison Barkley. Approved.
Workshops and Communications:
Per NCLS directive for the implementation of Polaris, all staff are scheduled for training in March.
Director’s Report :(Deborah Chase-Lauther)
At the time of inspection (Oct 18), the lift was not working. Accessibility Solutions was notified and the library will not receive a service call charge after our most recent visit. The lift is currently working.
MS will no longer support Windows 10 as of October, 2025. Computers can no longer be updated to Windows 11. Deborah suggests we upgrade one desktop this year and two every year until 2025 – a total of 7 computers.
Coots has been supplied a rough estimate of approx. $3,000 regarding the repair of the bubbling paint and water repair on the inside of the library. However, the source of the water has yet to be identified.
Financial Report (Jen McAvoy):
Motion to approve the bills as read made by Susan McAvoy; seconded by Allison Barkley. Approved.
- Grant 1 -CCTV/Fire alarm/Generator Update – No update.
- Grant 2 – Kitchen and Community Room Flooring – Robla’s quote of $73,661 remains the same. The epoxy has been ordered.
- Walmart VAP and Community Grants Program (2022-2023) – A total of 21 hours have been claimed, to date, for the Walmart VAP Program.
- Buildings and Grounds
- The Rhuele family will help clear snow this winter.
- Community Events
- Book Club – Meeting Nov 17th at 7pm, A Good, Good Pig by Sy Montgomery.
- Nov 1 – Dec 16: Fall Reading Challenge.
- Library Closed: Nov 11 (Veteran’s Day); Nov 24th and 25th (Thanksgiving)
- Trunk or Treat – Approximately 200 children visited the library between the hours of 4pm – 7pm. Deborah suggests we shorten the time for 2023 to 2 hours, ending at 6pm.
Motion to adjourn made by Allison Barkley; seconded by Jenn Coakley. Adjourned at 6:29 PM
Next Meeting :
December 8, 6PM