The final version will be posted along with a pdf of the final version after the following meeting.
Hepburn Library of Madrid Board Meeting Minutes – Dec 8, 2022 Draft
Jennifer McAvoy, Susan McAvoy, Deborah Chase-Lauther, Jennifer Coakley, Emily Huntley
Call to Order:
Meeting was called to order at 6:20 PM
Open Comment/ Question:
Approval of Previous Minutes:
Motion made by Susan McAvoy; seconded by Emily Huntley. Approved.
Workshops and Communications:
- Per NCLS directive, Polaris will be implemented by June.
- All library staff, essential volunteers and board members have taken the NYS mandatory sexual harassment training.
- Library staff will receive annual technology training appropriate to their position, to address community needs, as outlined in the library’s long-range plan of service.
Director’s Report :(Deborah Chase-Lauther)
The lift is working following a free visit from Accessibility Solutions.
One computer has been ordered. (*Per the previous meeting minutes noting that MS will no longer support Windows 10 and current computers can no longer be updated to Windows 11.) Six more will be ordered over the course of the next 3 years.
No update from Coots regarding the repair of the bubbling paint on the inside of the library.
Financial Report (Emily Huntley):
Motion to approve the bills as read made by Jenn Coakley; seconded by Susan McAvoy. Approved.
- Grant 1 -CCTV/Fire alarm/Generator Update – No update.
- Grant 2 – Kitchen and Community Room Flooring – Robla’s will begin the epoxy of the community room floor beginning Jan 9th and a projected finish date of Jan 23rd.
- NYSLDLD Project List 2023-2027 – the library board has been asked to brainstorm a list of possible projects for the future.
I. New outdoor stairs
II. Solar roof panels
- Buildings and Grounds
- No update.
- Community Events
- Holiday Party with Santa in the Community Room, 3-5pm
- Book Club – Meeting Dec 22nd at 7pm, The People We Keep by Allison Larkin.
- Library Closed: Dec 26 (Happy Kwanzaa)
- Annual Report – to be discussed next meeting
Motion to adjourn made by Emily Huntley; seconded by Susan McAvoy. Adjourned at 6:48 PM
Next Meeting : January 12, 6PM
Agenda for December 2022 Meeting
Directors Report for December 2022 Meeting