As of December 13, 2021, ALL patrons must wear a mask inside the library, and if you are feeling unwell, please consider visiting the library at another time.
The Hepburn Library of Madrid Board of Trustees and staff take high interest in protecting our staff and patrons- in particular the high-risk populations we serve and the high-risk populations who work and volunteer for us.
The situation is being closely monitored and ways are being found to offer services to our community. This page will be continually updated with the impacts that COVID-19 is having on the Hepburn Library of Madrid.
Current Library Status
- Everyone is required to wear a mask while in the Library or Community Room.
- Small non-athletic groups may use the Community Room.
- Regular book due dates are in effect.
- Digital materials are available, e-books and audio books 24/7
- Current library hours are:
Monday 2pm to 7pm
Tuesday 11am to 2pm
Wednesday 2pm to 7pm
Thursday 11am to 2pm
Friday 10am to 2pm
- The public is welcome to use our curbside pickup services.
- The public can reach Madrid Library during the open hours by
- calling: (315) 322-5673
- emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- OR the public can call the Library System’s Tech help line to get help at other times Monday through Friday between 8 am and 4 pm (315) 818-0660
Library COVID-19 Timeline
Monday December 13, 2021
- New York State public service announcement: Please note that as of December 13, 2021 masks are required for all patrons of the library. Curbside pickup is available for those who do not wish to wear a mask. Thank you for your cooperation.
Friday August 13, 2021
- An announcement – masks are to be worn in the library
Thursday, July 1, 2021
- Library open without need for appointment. Curbside pickups available.
June 1, 2021
- The Community Room is open for use by small non-athletic groups
April 1, 2021
- The Library building is open for visitors by appointment, call (315) 322-5673 to make an appointment
Monday December 14, 2020
- Interlibrary loan delivery is reduced to once a week for an undetermined length of time, due to temporary staff shortage.
Monday November 9, 2020
- Library curbside pickup continues but inhouse library services are suspended due to the increase in positive cases in St Lawrence County.
Friday October 2, 2020
- Change in operation hours. Friday hours are now 10:00am to 2:00pm, making a total of 20 library operational hours per week.
August 31, 2020
- Deborah Chase-Lauther becomes the library’s new director.
Monday July 27, 2020
- Curbside pick area is changed to upstairs.
Wednesday July 22, 2020
- An announcement – Books need to be quarantined for 4 days rather than 3 days
Monday July 13, 2020
- An announcement – the library will be open to the public by appointment
Monday June 29, 2020
- An Announcement – Summer Reading
Monday June 22, 2020
- Inter-library loan will open this week.
Monday June 15, 2020
- Curbside pick up is now available to all patrons. Inter-library loan is still not available.
Saturday June 13, 2020
- An announcement
Monday June 8, 2020
- The book drop is open.
Thursday June 4, 2020
- An announcement that the book drop will be open on Monday the 8th of June. A plan for curbside pickup starting on Monday the 15th of June.
Monday May 18, 2020
- An announcement that there are plans for curbside pick up when we open, book drop still closed. All materials due July 1.
Monday April 6, 2020
- An announcement that the Library will remain closed, book drop is closed. Hop into Spring is cancelled, All April community events in the community room are canceled.
Tuesday March 17, 2020
- An announcement that under strict guidance from the town The Library Board of Trustees decided the Library will close its doors and cancel all events and programs taking place in the library and its community room
Monday March 16, 2020
- An announcement that the library programs will be canceled and all events in the community room will be canceled.
March 13, 2020
- An announcement that the library will be taking precautions relating to COVID-19
Resources relating to COVID-19
- St Lawrence County Health Department
- NY State Health Department
- Center for Disease Control
- World Health Organization